This week’s PowerPoint can be found here.
/r/dailyprogrammer compression series, to test your skill:
- Novel Compression, pt. 1: Unpacking the Data
- Novel Compression, pt. 2: Compressing the Data
- Novel Compression, pt. 3: Putting it all together
- Lossy vs lossless compression
- Huffman coding
- LZW compression
- String Compression from byte-by-byte
- No meeting next week (Happy Thanksgiving!)
- Next, next week (11/30): graphs, featuring guest speaker Professor Triplett!
- “We will be taking a look at graphs, their different qualities and representations, as well as surveying the use of graphs in certain categories of modern algorithms, such as arc/vertex pathing and dynamic flow.”